Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This is a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide. The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
The Blended Learning Summit is almost here! June 7th. Space is available!
The Technology Design Team is excited to announce our 6th Annual Blended Learning Summit for 2022 (http://bit.ly/2022blsummitflyer) via Zoom on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and in the afternoon from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Participants may register for the morning, afternoon, or both. Registration is now open via HCP (Sections 99686 and 99687).
Join us for a day of learning and collaboration where Austin ISD teachers and the Technology Design Team will share stories, strategies, and skills to support personalization and blended learning around the strands of:
- Authentic Student Choice
- Student Goal Setting and Metacognition
- Using Data to Personalize
- Meaningful Feedback
Participants will choose their own learning path of sessions based on their interests and needs. This will be a virtual event and is PLED eligible with principal approval.
What other Professional Learning opportunities are available from the Technology Design Team?
The Technology Design Team’s many summer PL opportunities for staff are outlined here: http://bit.ly/tdtsummer2022.
Something is not working right. Where can I check the status of a system that Austin ISD uses?
Below is a list of links to refer to when things start slowing down or aren’t loading. You can get a quick glance at the big picture to see if it’s a known issue or perhaps something more local/on your device.
- BLEND/Canvas Status
- Google Products Status
- GoGuardian Status
- Microsoft Status
- PlayPosit Status
- Seesaw Status
- Zoom Status
This page on AISD’s technology site consolidates statuses of many of the apps and websites we use.
What end-of-year BLEND considerations should I be aware of?
To ensure an orderly end-of-year experience in BLEND, campus administrators, and teaching staff should be aware of the processes that take place at the district level and steps that teachers should take to retain access to BLEND course content as they prepare for the 2022-2023 school year.
The full checklist/guide is available at https://bit.ly/blendeoyfaq and will be shared via BLEND Global Announcement for all teachers and staff during the week of May 16, 2022. This guide includes links to ready-to-use teacher-facing resources.
Critical highlights include:
- BLEND (Canvas) courses do not get deleted by any automated process. Teachers’ courses will be accessible in their Past Enrollments list.
- New BLEND courses with automatically synced student enrollment will not appear on teachers’ dashboards until August 2022. In the meantime, teachers can use a sandbox course to continue their learning and planning throughout the summer.
- Leaving the district? Learn how to save and export Google Drive contents and/or BLEND course content.
What information do my graduating seniors need to know about technology considerations for the end of the year?
Please share the following information with your graduating seniors to support their transition:
- Return your Austin ISD Chromebook, charger, and case to the appropriate person on your campus (provide them the name, location, and due date – varied per campus).
- Students are not able to purchase their Austin ISD Chromebook, but are eligible to purchase a brand new Chromebook at a discounted rate through our vendor partner.
Use this link to access purchasing options and information.
- All Austin ISD students will lose access to district systems after the end of the school year. While you still have access to your Austin ISD portal account, please consider the following:
- Students can take all of their Google Drive work with them easily. Google Takeout allows users to create .zip files of selected content. Please note that this must be done before access to your district login and account is removed. Large Google Drives may take several days to completely process so it is beneficial to begin this process in case of any issues.
- Resource: Archiving All Content From Your AISD Google Account written guide
- Resource: Archiving Content from your AISD Google Account Video
- Students may download all of their BLEND (Canvas) submissions. Open BLEND from the AISD portal and use this link to access the directions for this process.
- This information is also available in document format.
The Technology Design Team would love to hear from you!
Please reach out to your Technology Design Specialist if you would like a thought partner or support on your blended learning implementation.
If you have a technical support issue (device repair or setup, access to systems, etc), please create a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician address your concern.