Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This will be the final WiLLU for the 21-22 school year. We will be on hiatus for the summer. We hope to see you again in August when we plan to return to our weekly schedule. It has been an honor to share our learning during the 2021-22 school year. Have an amazing Summer!
The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
The Blended Learning Summit is almost here! June 7th
The Technology Design Team is excited to announce our 6th Annual Blended Learning Summit for 2022 (http://bit.ly/2022blsummitflyer) via Zoom on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and in the afternoon from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Participants may register for the morning, afternoon, or both. Registration is now open via HCP (Sections 99686 and 99687).
Join us for a day of learning and collaboration where Austin ISD teachers and the Technology Design Team will share stories, strategies, and skills to support personalization and blended learning around the strands of:
- Authentic Student Choice
- Student Goal Setting and Metacognition
- Using Data to Personalize
- Meaningful Feedback
Participants will choose their own learning path of sessions based on their interests and needs. This will be a virtual event and is PLED eligible with principal approval.
What Summer Professional Learning opportunities are the Technology Design Team offering?
The Technology Design Team’s many summer PL opportunities for staff are outlined here: http://bit.ly/tdtsummer2022.
What end-of-year BLEND considerations should I be aware of?
To ensure an orderly end-of-year experience in BLEND, campus administrators, and teaching staff should be aware of the processes that take place at the district level and steps that teachers should take to retain access to BLEND course content as they prepare for the 2022-2023 school year.
The full checklist/guide is available at https://bit.ly/blendeoyfaq and will be shared via BLEND Global Announcement for all teachers and staff during the week of May 16, 2022. This guide includes links to ready-to-use teacher-facing resources.
Critical highlights include:
- BLEND (Canvas) courses do not get deleted by any automated process. Teachers’ courses will be accessible in their Past Enrollments list.
- New BLEND courses with automatically synced student enrollment will not appear on teachers’ dashboards until August 2022. In the meantime, teachers can use a sandbox course to continue their learning and planning throughout the summer.
- Leaving the district? Learn how to save and export Google Drive contents and/or BLEND course content.
I am retiring from Austin ISD. How can I efficiently download my Google Drive contents to take with me?
Austin ISD teachers and students have unlimited storage in their G Suite for Education account. Before leaving the district, it is possible for the user to download all of their Google Drive content created by the user using Google Takeout.
Please share the following information with your graduating seniors to support their transition:
- All Austin ISD staff lose access to district systems at the end of the day on their last day of employment. While you still have access to your Austin ISD portal account, please consider the following:
- Staff can take all of their Google Drive work with them easily. Google Takeout allows users to create .zip files of selected content. Please note that this must be done before access to your district login and account is removed. Large Google Drives may take several hours to completely process so it is beneficial to begin this process in case of any issues.
- Resource: Archiving All Content From Your AISD Google Account written guide
- Resource: Archiving Content from your AISD Google Account Video
I am leaving the District and want to transfer ownership of some contents in Google Drive. How can I do that?
Google Drive allows us to transfer ownership of a document or folder. When transferring ownership, the previous owner becomes an editor on the document and can be removed by the new owner. Be advised: Google does not allow transferring ownership to a different domain. If you need to take your documents with you, please use the Google Takeout method described above.
Something is not working right. Where can I check the status of a system that Austin ISD uses?
Below is a list of links to refer to when things start slowing down or aren’t loading. You can get a quick glance at the big picture to see if it’s a known issue or perhaps something more local/on your device.
- BLEND/Canvas Status
- Google Products Status
- GoGuardian Status
- Microsoft Status
- PlayPosit Status
- Seesaw Status
- Zoom Status
This page on AISD’s technology site consolidates statuses of many of the apps and websites we use.
What resources are available to students and caregivers during Summer?
- The Family Technology Resources website contains technology Use Tutorials and Videos For Students AISD students and families and team members can now check the status of our systems including Blend, SeeSaw, AISD Portal and more!
- The Technology Assistance page contains technical support for Austin ISD Families
I want to view ALL of the Tech Design Team YouTube videos!
Please follow this link to the TDT YouTube Channel. Don’t forget to subscribe to get all our new content!
The Technology Design Team would love to hear from you!
Please reach out to your Technology Design Specialist if you would like a thought partner or support on your blended learning implementation.
If you have a technical support issue (device repair or setup, access to systems, etc), please create a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician address your concern.