Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This is a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.
Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide. The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
My campus registrar made changes in Frontline SIS. When will I see these roster changes made in BLEND, Seesaw, and other district-rostered systems?
- Roster changes that happen in Frontline SIS by about 4:00 PM should be reflected in BLEND the next day or within 24 to 48 hours.
- If you are experiencing issues with rostering after the initial 48 hours, enter a ServiceNow ticket.
My BLEND tiles are flashing. What can I do?
Use the Chrome browser for the best experience and check to see if you have updated it. If you see a red alert bubble on the top right of your browser view, then you need to update it! Chrome is currently on Version 104.0.5112.101
How can students customize what they see in their blend dashboard view?
- There are multiple views and options for organization available for the BLEND dashboard.
- How do I use the Dashboard as a student? demonstrates various aspects of dashboard management.
- Card View
- List View
- How do I use the to-do list for all my courses in the List View Dashboard as a student? demonstrates List View.
- Recent Activity
My students can’t see my BLEND content! Can you help?
- This is most commonly because something isn’t published.
- There are three places to publish content to make it visible for students
- Publish all three so students can see.
How can I use my BLEND (Canvas) content I previously created in a course that has ended?
You can import content from any active or concluded course in which you are a teacher or TA. It is recommended that you review your course content to choose whether you want to import portions of your course or the entire course. Importing an entire course will override any current settings in your course including the course image, navigation settings, course settings, and others. It is recommended that you remove all due dates by selecting the appropriate options under “Adjust events and due dates.” Please allow time for imported content to appear. DO NOT try to import content multiple times.
Any enrolled students in currently active courses will be able to see any imported content that was published in the course you are importing from. You can unpublish a module or page to make these items unavailable until a later date if you choose.
Do you want access to BLEND blueprint content, but don’t have a frontline associated blueprint course?
- Use this form in order to request TA access to a blueprint course.
- Once you have TA access, you can copy content over from the blueprint course into your own.
What different roles does GoGuardian have, and how can I add a co-teacher into my GoGuardian class?
- This document outlines roles in GoGuardian
- Reminder: GoGuardian is only a resource for students who are using chromebooks and teachers grades 3-12.
- You can find out more information about GoGuardian in the GoGuardian course.
- The class name pattern in GoGuardian is SUBJECT – section # (ex Algebra 1 – 3 for Algebra 1, section 3)
How can my PreK-2nd grade students sign into programs on their iPads?
Here is the way the district has set things up to make it easier on our young learners to sign in:
First – on the student’s iPad, have them tap the AISD Portal app (the first one in the dock) and select “Scan QR Code” (and allow camera use). Have them log into the portal with their AISD Portal QR code.
Once scanned in, this will show them the Dashboard of their AISD Student Portal.
They can then tap on one of their BLEND course tiles and there they will see the navigation links for some of the most commonly used programs such as BrainPOP, Dreambox, Imagine Learning, Mackinvia, PebbleGo, and Seesaw. Single Sign On authentication will automatically log them into their own account’s view of each one (they may still need to tap on “Open in New Tab” or “Open in App” if that pops up).
That may seem complicated but once they have logged into a program like Seesaw, the next time they want to access Seesaw they will only have to tap on the Seesaw app in the dock and it will still have them logged in (unless they have actually logged out of the Seesaw app).
Additional great information for Seesaw is available in this document including:
- How TEACHERS access Seesaw for Schools
- How STUDENTS access Seesaw class
- Important Notes for Student Access & Course Visibility (updating your course name)
- How are students added to my Seesaw for Schools class?
- How to access, save and assign Seesaw activities
Is the __________ software program rostered yet?
- The District licenses several learning tools available to students and staff.
- To properly connect teachers and students to appropriate resources, the schedule from Frontline must be entered correctly.
- Different software providers have different systems and quirks to their rostering systems. This can make the process challenging.
The Technology Design Team would love to hear from you!
Please reach out to your Technology Design Specialist if you would like a thought partner or support on your blended learning implementation.
Our team has been restructured for the 22-23 school year.
View a list of the current members of the Technology Design Team and the campuses each supports.
If you have a technical support issue (device repair or setup, access to systems, etc), please create a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician address your concern.