Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This is a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.
Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide. The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
Update your Chrome browser!
We hear from so many people having issues with various system, especially BLEND/Canvas. Often when we check, we discover they are running an old version of Chrome.
Updating Chrome will assure compatibility and security
Chrome is currently on Version 104.0.5112.102 (or higher)
My student is blocked in another teacher’s GoGuardian scene. What can I do?
- Teachers can now see when a student is currently in another teacher’s scene. The linked document shows possible solutions.
My student is not showing up in (IXL, BrainPop, Dreambox, BLEND/Canavs, etc). What can I do to facilitate rostering?
- First and foremost, students must be properly scheduled in Frontline SIS to be rostered in external tools, BLEND, and so on. Frontline is the starting point for connecting student to teachers and tools. Frontline is at the front of the line as the origin for all rostering.
- Keep in mind that new enrollments and schedule changes in Frontline take 24-48 hours to roster in our various tools.
- There are certain systems that are presenting some difficulty with rostering. We appreciate your patience as well get it all ironed out.
- This document shares the status of rostering for various systems.
Can I create my own BLEND course for student clubs, for professional learning, or to build new course content?
- Yes! AISD staff members with a Teacher-like role in BLEND can start a new BLEND course at any time by using “Start a New Course” link in the BLEND Help menu.
- For details, check out the BLEND Start a New Course – Process Google Doc.
- A video overview of this process is available!
Do you want access to BLEND blueprint content, but don’t have a frontline associated blueprint course?
- Use this form in order to request TA access to a blueprint course.
- Once you have TA access, you can copy content over from the blueprint course into your own.
How can I ensure the instructional videos I want to use from YouTube are viewable by students?
- Your Technology Design Specialist is able to verify and approve YouTube videos so they are viewable for students. Students (and staff) will need to be signed in to their AISD accounts for youtube videos to play on district devices.
The Technology Design Team would love to hear from you!
Please reach out to your Technology Design Specialist if you would like a thought partner or support on your blended learning implementation.
Our team has been restructured for the 22-23 school year.
View a list of the current members of the Technology Design Team and the campuses each supports.
If you have a technical support issue (device repair or setup, access to systems, etc), please create a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician address your concern.