Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This is a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.
Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide. The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
How can my students and caregivers translate text on a web or BLEND page?
- Google Chrome has translation tools built into the browser.
- This video demonstrates how to translate text on a page.
- Google also provides a written step set.
- Immersive Reader in BLEND can translate and read multiple languages.
- Here is a guide to BLEND’s immersive reader function and its features.
- This video demonstrates how to translate a page with Immersive Reader.
I have a new student who does not speak any English. How can I set Dreambox to Spanish?
How can I set up an individual discussion in BLEND for my students (like a journal), so that the discussion is only between the instructor and an individual student?
- This Canvas guide may provide some insight.
- Tip to keep in mind: Create more groups than you have students in the class, so if students are added you can easily assign them to a group later!
How can I change how grades post in BLEND/Canvas?
- Canvas provides some useful guides on grade posting:
- How do I use posting policies in a course?
- How do I select a grade posting policy for a course in the Gradebook?
- How do I select a grade posting policy for an assignment in the Gradebook?
- How do I hide or post assignment grades in SpeedGrader?
What resources are available for Canva?
- Several teachers have found this video useful: How To Use Canva For BEGINNERS!
- The Canva Design School is also a great resource.
- Did you know Canva now has whiteboards (think padlet)?
The Technology Design Team would love to hear from you!
Please reach out to your Technology Design Specialist if you would like a thought partner or support on your blended learning implementation.
Our team has been restructured for the 22-23 school year.
View a list of the current members of the Technology Design Team and the campuses each supports.
If you have a technical support issue (device repair or setup, access to systems, etc), please create a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician address your concern.