Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This is a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.
Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide. The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
Students are unable to see the YouTube videos in my PlayPosit bulb! What can I do?
- PlayPosit has enabled a feature that will allow for an additional YouTube stream to bypass any blocks on student devices/networks. Here are the directions on how to enable the stream for a Bulb. Instructors will need to edit the Bulb to add it to any existing Bulbs.
- When embedding YouTube videos in BLEND, using the YouTube plug-in tool will help make approved videos watchable for elementary students. If your current workflow starts with finding video on YouTube, this video demonstrates how you can incorporate the tool in BLEND.
- You may also search and embed directly from the YouTube tool in BLEND as this video demonstrates.
- How do I organize the side navigation menu for my students in a BLEND course?
- Watch this tutorial video
- If you prefer a step-set, look through this Canvas Guides to Course Navigation.
- Please remember you must keep “People” hidden to remain FERPA compliant.
My student’s BLEND dashboard looks different. How can we change it back to the view with all the course tiles?
- BLEND allows users to change the dashboard view for different purposes. In Austin ISD, our BLEND dashboards default to Card View and users may change to one of three views.
The links below outline the use of each view.
- This video demonstrates changing the dashboard view.
- How do I use the to-do list for all my courses in the List View Dashboard as a student?
- How do I view my favorite courses in the Card View Dashboard as a student?
- How do I view global activity for all my courses in the Recent Activity Dashboard as a student?
What QR code generator do ya’ll recommend for teachers?
- Often the best tools are the ones we already have! Google Chrome has a built-in QR code creator.
- This page shows you how to use it. Hint: It’s so super-simple it’s silly!
Where might I find information on assignments and other features in BrainPop?
- Once you are logged into BrainPop, you may access BrainPop 101 to learn more about various features and how to use them with your students.
I am not able to access a curriculum website in the AISD portal. It’s coming up with a “404 error” message. What can I do?
- Access to internal curriculum sites is restricted to AISD staff.
- If you get an error message, launch Google Drive from the portal first to make certain you are authenticated as a staff member. Then, click the tile for the desired curriculum site.
The Technology Design Team would love to hear from you!
Please reach out to your Technology Design Specialist if you would like a thought partner or support on your blended learning implementation.
Our team has been restructured for the 22-23 school year.
View a list of the current members of the Technology Design Team and the campuses each supports.
If you have a technical support issue (device repair or setup, access to systems, etc), please create a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician address your concern.