Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This is a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.
Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide. The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
Connecting the Dots with Canva for Education
Canva’s monthly newsletter, Connecting the Dots with Canva for Education, contains some great resources and links to training..
I get an Access Denied / You Don’t Have Permission Error when trying to access links to HMH from the YPGs. What can I do?
- HMH Ed does not support direct links to content.
- The only workaround is for the teacher to access HMH Ed, then navigate to the resource from the HMH Platform. This is not ideal, but it’s the only solution we’ve found so far.
- Here is HMH’s article on this issue.
Where can I learn more about Google Drive resources?
- Google designed some session for AISD that were delivered in October and November.
- Though the sessions have concluded, you may still access the session recordings and resources.
When is GoGuardian going to be in the portal?
- So glad you asked!
- GoGuardian can now be accessed by staff from the portal!
What resources are available to support Computer Science Education week (Dec 5-11)?
The District provides access to a number of computer science (CS) resources:
- Hour of Code has a tile in the AISD Student Portal to link to CS activities on the site. No student or teacher/class account is needed for students to explore the activities.
- BrainPOP has CS content and is also accessed through a tile in the AISD Student Portal.
- Scratch Jr is available for PreK-2nd grade students to install on their iPads using JAMF Student.
- Kodable is available for teachers to deploy to their PreK-2nd grade students’ iPads.
The Technology Design Team would love to hear from you!
Please reach out to your Technology Design Specialist if you would like a thought partner or support on your blended learning implementation.
Our team has been restructured for the 22-23 school year. View a list of the current members of the Technology Design Team and the campuses each supports.
If you have a technical support issue (device repair or setup, access to systems, etc), please create a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician address your concern.