Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This is a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.
Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide. The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Frontline will not be available from 12-23-22 5pm through the Winter Break.
- The information has been shared in a recent principals weekly communication.
- Frontline will be available again January 9th.
Are there any care reminders for students taking their chromebooks home for Winter break?
- This Device Care & Tips provides some guidance.
- The Student Technology Expectations and Digital Citizenship is also a good reminder.
New Seesaw Lessons are now available for PreK-2nd grade teachers (flyer).
Unsplash Images is leaving in Canvas/BLEND.
- Unsplash, a free service formerly incorporated into Canvas, will no longer be available within the platform, beginning December 09, 2022.
- This change doesn’t affect your previous courses, and there is still a way to add some illustrated excitement to your current courses.
- All previous imagery will be protected and retained. According to Unsplash, any images previously embedded within Canvas courses will remain intact: No broken links!
- You can still access Unsplash images simply by searching the free repository directly at www.unsplash.com, and importing the files into Canvas.
The Technology Design Team would love to hear from you!
Please reach out to your Technology Design Specialist if you would like a thought partner or support on your blended learning implementation.
Our team has been restructured for the 22-23 school year. View a list of the current members of the Technology Design Team and the campuses each supports.
If you have a technical support issue (device repair or setup, access to systems, etc), please create a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician address your concern.