Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This is a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you. Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide. The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
Frontline Self-Serve update
- With the recent updates to Frontline SIS (TEAMS), students and parents will need to update the settings on their Frontline Education mobile app
- This document will walk you through the steps to update your app and settings.
How can I conclude a student enrollment in my BLEND course?
- There may be a time when you want to conclude a student enrollment in your course.
- You are not allowed to delete a SISStudent enrollment but they can be concluded.
- If you accidentally conclude an enrolled student, they will likely ”unconclude” with the overnight sync.
How can I support my student who is not seeing a Google assignment but sees embedded Google content fine in BLEND?
If a student is stuck in the authentication loop or is not getting the blue button in a Google assignment, they could be blocking cookies.
Look for this symbol in their browser (highlighting added):
If you see the symbol click on the lock icon to the left of the web address and click cookies.
The Cookies in Use window will show. Choose blocked then select and allow any blocked cookies.
I reopened a quiz for a late submission, now my grades disappeared. What can I do?
What is best practice when assigning different due and availability dates for students?
The Technology Design Team would love to hear from you!
Please reach out to your Technology Design Specialist if you would like a thought partner or support on your blended learning implementation.
Our team has been restructured for the 22-23 school year. View a list of the current members of the Technology Design Team and the campuses each supports.
If you have a technical support issue (device repair or setup, access to systems, etc), please create a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician address your concern.