Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This is a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.
Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide. The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
How can I get sound to play from my ThinkPad connected to a TV with HDMI?
You may need to select the TV as your audio output. The animation below shows how.
Your TV name may be different.
How do I check the version of a Chrome extension?
- Go to manage extensions, scroll to find Read&Write, and the version number should be after the name.
- If your screen is smallish, you can click the Details button to see the version and size of the extension.
- The animation below may help.
How can I improve loading for media-rich quizzes? I add audio recording, video, and animations to help students engage with the content.
- NOTE: If students have already taken or have started a quiz, be careful about editing it. If you change any quiz questions, you may need to regrade students who took the old version of the quiz.
- Media-rich webpages can take time to load and may slow a device down due to memory usage.
- Try setting your quiz to show one question at a time to allow student devices to quickly load and display content.
- If you are using Classic Quizzes, this article demonstrates the process
If using New Quizzes, this article will demonstrate managing settings for your quiz.
How can students set up the Frontline ERP & SIS mobile app?
I am loving Canva! Do you have any more tips and tricks?
Canva has these “magic shortcuts” that can be used during presentations – things like confetti or blurring the screen or drumroll or a countdown timer.
The Technology Design Team would love to hear from you!
Please reach out to your Technology Design Specialist if you would like a thought partner or support on your blended learning implementation.
Our team has been restructured for the 22-23 school year. View a list of the current members of the Technology Design Team and the campuses each supports.
If you have a technical support issue (device repair or setup, access to systems, etc), please create a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician address your concern.