Welcome to the Technology Design Team Weekly Lessons Learned! This is a recurring feature on Friday afternoons where the Technology Design Team will share top of mind resources and learning. Each week, we will post a few key things we hope you may find useful. We look forward to sharing our learning with you.
Some of the content may be specific to the realities of Austin ISD though, we hope, much will be useful to viewers worldwide.
The Weekly Lessons Learned Archive contains a list of topics from and links to previous updates.
How can I group assignments in BLEND/Canvas to make them easier to find?
- Using assignments groups can help you organize assignments in your course.
- This document demonstrates the process.
- You filter your gradebook for assignment groups.
- Want more ideas on why to use assignment groups? This post dives deeper on the subject.
Why is student X not in my BLEND courses, IXL, HMH, BrainPop, Studies Weekly, etc?
- Rosters for external tools will usually update 48-72 hours after schedules are updated in Frontline.
- We have discovered several students who are not properly scheduled in Frontline. We have seen several students who are only scheduled in Homeroom.
- Digital resources are rostered off the scheduled core courses in Frontline.
- Please verify a student is fully scheduled. If not, reach out to whomever manages Frontline on your campus to get students’ schedules completed so they may get access to all of the appropriate applications and services.
Something is not working right. Where can I check the status of a system that Austin ISD uses?
Below is a list of links to refer to when things start slowing down or aren’t loading. You can get a quick glance at the big picture to see if it’s a known issue or perhaps something more local/on your device.
- BLEND/Canvas Status
- Google Products Status
- GoGuardian Status
- Microsoft Status
- PlayPosit Status
- Seesaw Status
- Zoom Status
This page on AISD’s technology site consolidates statuses of many of the apps and websites we use.
The Technology Design Team would love to hear from you!
Please reach out to your Technology Design Specialist if you would like a thought partner or support on your blended learning implementation.
Our team has been restructured for the 22-23 school year. View a list of the current members of the Technology Design Team and the campuses each supports.
If you have a technical support issue (device repair or setup, access to systems, etc), please create a ServiceNow ticket to have a technician address your concern